Welcome to my Blog. I am an avid Denver Broncos fan and a fan of all things NFL! Here I am going to discuss all things Broncos and other nfl teams of interest. I am located in Durango, CO at an elevation of 6500 ft or 1.2 miles above sea level!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Best Players in the AFC West

A look at the best players in the AFC West. I think it says something when I can't mention a single Kansas City Chiefs player when puting this list together.

OFFENSE: Phillip Rivers QB San Diego Chargers

As much as I hate to put this prick at the top I have got to put my bronco homerism thoughts beside and admit he is the best offensive player in the AFC West. He is a pro bowl QB and has a lot of weapons to get it done. His biggest downside is his often poor play that helps contribute the charger's early exits. Other than that he can get it done and should play at a pro bowl level again this year and yes he was right about Jay Cutler all along.

Runner up: Vincent Jackson (WR SD), Ryan Clady (LT DEN)


DEFENSE: Nnamdi Asomugha CB Oakland Raiders

This is really really close between Champ Bailey and Nnamdi. They are both two of the best CB in the NFL. I give the nod to Nnamdi because he is yonger than Bailey and allready playing at an elite level. You may look at stats and say there are CB out there with flashier stats but the fact is QB avoid both Nnamdi and Champ side of the field all together.

Runner Up:  Champ Bailey (CB DEN), Elvis Dumervil (OLB DEN)



SPECIAL TEAMS: Matt Prater K Denver Broncos

Matt Prater is a clutch kicker in this leauge. He was 35/30 last year and delivered often. The other plus side this was only his secound year so he is young and should have a long promosing carrer ahead of him. Nice to see the Broncos found an imidate replacment to hall of fame kicker Jason Elam!

Runner Up: Sebastian Janikowski (K OAK), Shane Lechler (P OAK)

No comments:

Post a Comment