Welcome to my Blog. I am an avid Denver Broncos fan and a fan of all things NFL! Here I am going to discuss all things Broncos and other nfl teams of interest. I am located in Durango, CO at an elevation of 6500 ft or 1.2 miles above sea level!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Top 2010 Fantasy Football Picks

The Mile High Rater Haters leauge is shaping up nicely. I am excited for year 2 of fantasy football. Here are my thoughts on some of the top fantasy prospects this year

RB: Chris Johnson Tennessee Titans

The only doubt I had about Chris Johnson being picked first overall was his looming contract issues. The Tennessee Titans fixed that this week by restructuring his deal. He is set to be back in camp and on the field for the 2010 season. I have no doubt Johnson will tear it up again this year not sure if he will break the 2000 yard mark again simply because it's rarley done in back to back seasons but he should still have a productive year and see plenty of red zone caries. He should be a TD machine which equals big points in fantasy. The team overall this year will be improved upon last year's squad wich should help as well. Defenses can't only focus on Johnson either they have to keep QB Vince Young in check this will help.





QB: Drew Brees New Orleans Saints

Drew has so many weapons it's crazy. Brees was a top fantasy football QB last year and owners should expect more of the same. Between Colston, Shockey, and Bush he has lots of options to rack up the yards and more importantly the touch downs. A close secound to Brees this year should be Aaron Rodgers many leauges have im pined as the best QB on the board and I was close to doing the same but I got to give the nod to the super bowl MVP just a little more talent and better offensive line than Rodgers has but don't get me wrong I would be thrilled to have Rodgers as my QB in fantasy and real life for that matter!






WR: Brandon Marshall Miami Dolphins

Marshall is obviously going to be the top target in Miami. I fully expect another 100 catch season from Marshall this year in South Florida. Marshall has shown he can consistantly have 100 catch seasons weather the QB is Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, or now Chad Henne. I almost give the nod to Texans WR Andre Johnson for the top WR but Marshall probably will have more looks this year.

TE: Antonio Gates San Diego Chargers

Antonio Gates no doubt will be Phillip Rivers top target this year and with a rookie running back Norv Turner should be passing the ball more versus running the ball. My prediction Gates will lead the leauge in TDs for TE. He should see many many balls in the red zone and all over the field for that matter. In addition he is a proven talanted veteran TE.











K: Matt Prater Denver Broncos

Basically take a look at my previous blog post. Yes this may be a slight homer pick but honestly Prater will be a top fantasy kicker and he was last year as well. The thin mile high air will give prater a slight edge on some long kicks!













Defense
Sorry I not sure wich defense I would pick but I can think of a few that stand out. The Jets, Ravens, Steelers (If Polomalu is back to form), and The Broncos come to mind for top defenses for fantasy this year. Just like last year's broncos and bengals i'm sure there will be a suprise defense that no one picks up that will be a hot pickup on the waiver wire once the season gets under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment